Poems from the following poets and read by Richard Armitage.
My favourite 2 from this collection are:
Elizabeth Barrett Browning ~ How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
Just has the beautiful flow of expression of love.
Alfred, Lord Tennyson ~ COME into the garden, Maud,
For the black bat, Night, has flown,
I’m a sucker for Tennyson since the day I read Agatha Christies ‘The Mirror Crack’d from Side to Side” which has the following quote in the novel from the poem ‘The Lady of Shalott’,
I just find the imagery of his words, creates the pictures he is trying to convey into my mind.
All the poems are beautifully recited by the actor Richard Armitage.
Included in this collection are:
• “How do I love thee?” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
• “Sonnet 116” by William Shakespeare
• “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allan Poe
• “To Be One with Each Other” by George Eliot
• “Maud” by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
• “To His Coy Mistress” by Andrew Marvell
• “Bright Star” by John Keats
• “Love’s Philosophy” by Percy Bysshe Shelley
• 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
• “Meeting at Night” by Robert Browning
• “The Dream” by Edna St. Vincent Millay
• “The Passionate Shepherd to His Love” by Christopher Marlowe
• “I carry your heart” by E. E. Cummings
• “She Walks in Beauty” by Lord Byron
• “Give All to Love” by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
This was a ‘Members Only’ free gift from Audible UK.